Distribution Team Leader
|Contract Type||Temporary (+/- 3 months). Must be available to start 27 July 2020.|
|Location||Oshakati, Oshana Region, Namibia|
|Introduction||Africa Personnel Services is currently looking to recruit a Distribution Team Leader for one of our clients in Oshakati.
The purpose of this role is to manage the execution of the operational requirements of Distribution in support of the logistics strategy in an efficient and cost-effective manner so that service excellence to other departments and the customer can be ensured.
|Job Functions||Implemented/executed truck delivery plan, Controlled distribution cost, Managed people, Enforced SHEQ & GMP compliance|
|Job Specifications||1. Manage the Operational team (at a specific time of day) in the execution of all inbound and outbound movement:
· In support of the daily load plan, ensure the accuracy and delivery of the product for the purposes of on-time outbound movement, and the accurate counting, receiving, and unloading of product for the purposes of inbound and outbound movement, whilst ensuring optimal site turnaround time.
· Ensure on-time deliveries happen on a daily basis.
· Actively work to identify and remove obstacles to improve operational efficiency
2. Manage the Accurate & Daily delivery process:
· Ensure daily deliveries are executed within the team in an accurate and prompt manner and corrective action where non-compliance is detected.
· Ensure the validity of all driver-related statutory requirements for all drivers.
3. Manage all tasks within the standards of excellent housekeeping:
· Drive excellent housekeeping standards.
4. Manage effective care for Company assets within the team:
· Ensure the operation of company assets such as trucks, forklifts, and pallet jacks within the team take place in a safe manner, with the necessary pre & post-trip inspection process and reporting of damages/breakdown in place.
· Drive the productive utilization of assets as indicated by optimal fuel usage and the elimination of abuse.
· Care for company assets by keeping them in optimal condition according to the company policy and specifications.
· Manage maintenance service schedule adherence.
5. Drive good product quality:
· Ensure high product quality by executing within the team and adhering to the company guidelines in terms of driver shortages & non-deliveries.
· Ensure team members handle the product in a manner that does not impact the quality of the product.
· Drive a strong focus within the team with regard to effective delivery processes.
· Record all accidents and incidents for the purpose of corrective action and improvement.
6. Manage the effective execution of system transactions and perform end-of-shift reconciliations:
· Ensure system transactions are accurate and timeous and perform an end-of-shift handover.
7. Implement activity-based resourcing:
· Manage the team to ensure resources are aligned to activity requirements per time of day and day of the week
8. People management: Manage team and own performance:
· Manage own performance
· Continuous on-the-job training, coaching, counseling and support for team members
· Management of resources to ensure achievement of delivery requirements are met
· Planning and managing of change within the organization
· Effective team meetings and active resolution of issues encountered
· Provision of clear direction and communication of KPI’s and achievement against KPI’s
· Effective stakeholder engagement and communication
· Maintain a healthy industrial relations climate
· Administer conditions of employment for the team
· Facilitate effective teamwork and create an environment for a high-performing team
· Maintain health, safety, and environment (HSE) standards
9. Drive effective Financial Management of areas impacting Warehouse and Distribution cost
· Manage, within the team:
a) Effective pay cost management by appropriate resource planning and reduction in seasonal workers and overtime
b) Effective fuel usage through Truck & Forklift optimization
c) Elimination of asset abuse cost
d) Optimal maintenance cost
e) Overtime and seasonal workers are minimized.
· Ensure breakages are recorded and managed down, FBR’s related to loading accuracy managed down, the achievement of operational efficiency standards as per company requirements.
· Accountable to ensure unaccountable waste is managed down by process adherence and corrective action where adherence is not in place.
10. Leverage information systems to drive achievement of Operational Key Performance Indicators
11. Compliance to governance controls in all areas within the team
|Requirements||· Relevant Logistics degree or 3-year relevant equivalent
· Membership of professional supply chain or procurement bodies would be advantageous
· 3-5 years supply chain or purchasing experience in an FMCG environment
|Job Closing Date||14-07-2020|